Monday, June 11, 2012

"Mommy! Mommy! Watch me!"

Well "Family Vacation 2012" has begun! We are in Orlando, Florida having a blast! So far everything has gone exceptionally well. The 12 1/2 hour drive here was just supernatural. If anyone has ever doubted the existence of God I will be more then happy to tell them about our drive to Florida with 3 kids, ages 5, 2 and 5 months. It was nothing short of a miracle...we had not one melt down or tear. I'll give you a moment to let that sink in...
...
...
...
Ok, we hit Sea World yesterday, and it was fabulous. The kids absolutely loved it, and they did so well! I'm so blown away by M girl this year, she has grown so much. She used to be my timid kid that wouldn't try anything but yesterday she hit every ride, even a roller coaster! GO M GIRL! :) She won't ride the rides with me though, only D. I remember when I was little and I always rode every ride with my dad, dad's just make you feel safer. That's a cool thing. I love watching the bond between M girl and D, it reminds how blessed I (and my kids) truly are. He's nothing less then amazing. Anyway, we made it to 3 o'clock yesterday in 92 degree Florida heat, without naps before we had a melt down. We went to see a show and Batman's slushy wasn't quite cooperating with him, that didn't end well. While he was laying on the ground screaming some Dad with older kids turned around and gave me a bad look. I wanted to back hand him in the face for his glare, but instead responded with, he's 2. It's hot. It's 3 o clock in the afternoon. He turned around without saying a word and I was glad he did. Why do people do that? It's parent code...don't ever look/stare at other people's kids melting down, especially in an amusement park. It happens. Over all I was very happy with the way we handled ourselves. D and I knew meltdowns would probably occur, so we determined before the day began to stay positive and happy. We did it. We didn't once snap at each other, and the way all the other spouses around us were going at it by 1 o clock, I realized we had really accomplished the almost impossible. 


The place we are staying is fabulous. We have a 4 bedroom home in Orlando. We are away from the hussle and bussle and it's nice and quiet. We have a pool and spa in the back yard, and I love it. Especially right now, the kids are inside sleeping and I am writing typing this pool side while working on my tan. Fabulous. I said when we got here that I would love to have a pool like this in my backyard. Then the kids got in and all I heard for 3 hours straight was "Mommy! Look at me!" "Mommy! Watch this!" Yeah, i'll pass on the pool. I had to watch M girl do 50 "different" kinds of jumps in the pool, ninja jumps, princess jumps, seal jumps, the list goes on. They ALL looked EXACTLY the same. Oh my. Now I know how my mom felt when my sister and I always made her "rate on a scale from 1-10" our handstands. (Mom, if you are reading this, I would like to apologize. It's so annoying, yet you were a great sport. I'm trying to be like you.) 


Tonight we are heading to get M girl a princess makeover at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. I can't wait. After that it's off to dinner with the dinosaurs...


Now to close my eyes and work on my tan...hopefully I will get some pictures uploaded tonight to share with everyone. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You are truly blessed! Are you guys staying in the Villas off of 192? Or 535? There are many great places to stay down there. I miss certain things about FL. The heat is NOT one of them! Julia visited Blizzard Beach and Hollywood Studios so far... and the pool of course. Mommy is enjoying the break, but missing her dearly :-/

    ReplyDelete