Thursday, May 24, 2012

Farts ARE funny.

Farts are funny. They just are. I mean seriously, what momma out there doesn't let out at least a little chuckle when their little one(s) "rip" a good one? I know I do. In fact just this morning, Batman let one loose on the bar stool at breakfast. He was pushing for it, and between his force and the wood of the stool, he made some magic. M girl's eyes looked as though they would pop out of her head, and Batman reaches out to high five her and says, "wow! Dat was a big one!!" I love the giggles and happiness that filled our kitchen at that moment. I leaned back against the counter, breathed in my fresh cup of coffee, took a sip, and for a moment escaped to some perfect world. Just for a moment though, the gas continued to come and as you can imagine eventually led to the first diaper change of the morning. Now, don't get all "mommy judgmental" on me. Yes, Batman is still in diapers! I've been trying! However, if you feel as though you could get the kid to go on the potty, I wouldn't stop you from trying, Good Luck. He goes when he wants to go, and if he doesn't want to go, forget about it! Who can blame him really? It's the one area of his life that he has complete control over at this stage in the game, and he knows it. Let's face it, I can make him sit on the potty for hours but, if he chooses to hold it, he wins! I know he enjoys it because he smiles, constantly. It's like dangling a doughnut in front of my face all day long. Every diaper change "mommy, dis is soo distusting. I should do dis on da potty." It would drive me insane if I let it, so I have resolved to ignore it all together. Bad parenting method?? Perhaps. If he's 10 and still in diapers, I will consider therapy. Anyway, back to farting, er...passing gas. My mom hates the word fart. I can feel her evil eyes, and disappointed face glaring at me every time I type it. A friend sent me a hilarious story this week. Long story short, her daughter thought she had peed her pants since she saw a little wet spot in her unders. (she's prego! Cut her some slack!) Her little one was moved to almost tears, saying "mommy, it's ok that you peed your pants a little. Next time let's just not wait so long. Ok, mommy?" Oh, how sweet! We laughed so hard over this little story, but noticed that other "well seasoned" ladies didn't really seem to laugh. That got us thinking...why do we as moms have such a twisted sense of humor? Well I guess i'm dragging the rest of you mommas down into the ditch with me. I know I have a weird sense of humor, but how could I not. If I didn't laugh about being pooped on, puked on, etc then I would probably end up in a padded room. It's life. Let's face it, we moms are pros at diaper explosions at the most in-oppurtune times, singing the itsy-bitsy spider and playing catch while we ourselves are trying to "eliminate waste", the list goes on. So my advice to you today...LAUGH. Just laugh about it, because as the saying goes...sh*t happens!

4 comments:

  1. I've spent the last 2 days with my sick grandkids one with a bladder infection the other with the poops and pukes took me back to the days when my kids were little. My stomach is not as strong as it used to be but my heart is softer. Yes' this Nana laughs outloud .at the farts as long as its not done in a public place then I just giggle inside. I do love being a Nana because ther is nothing better than looking at life through a childs eyes keep laughing mommys there will be enough to be upset about later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wise words from a top notch nana! and thanks for reading!! :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! This reminded me of the time I spent about 2 hours with Z crafting the perfect playhouse out of a cardboard box. He absolutely LOVED it...he played in it for a few hours. I didn't really think he could get into much trouble just playing in his playhouse...until he filled his diaper and decided to paint the walls of his new playhouse with poop. I didn't realize what he was doing until his smiley face stuck out of the window and I noticed that he had poop streaked all over his face. It took a minute to register that yes, this really was what I thought it was...I panicked and ran him into the shower...I wanted to tell him how bad that was, but I couldn't stop laughing. 't was my finest moment in mothering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) LOVE this!! perfect mothering moment!

      Delete