Monday, April 2, 2012

Dogs, Coffee, and a Sick Kid.

So, some of you read my post on Facebook a few days ago where I mentioned that our Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix drank D's whole cup of coffee. You wanted a blog post on the "side effects" so here you have it. :) I was very VERY nervous about what the outcome was going to be since "Feldman" is already a bit ADD. Turns out it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but he definitely got his exercise in for the day. If any one of us made the slightest move and I mean even twitched a muscle while he was sitting on us, he took off sprinting down the hallway, made a fast as lightening U-turn and came bolting back out into the living room. He was pretty on edge, but nothing too extreme. Oh, and when M girl put him on the leash to go potty, he darted out the door dragging her down the porch steps. She wasn't hurt thank goodness because the site of an almost 6 year old being pulled around by a chihuahua was just hilarious. She was pretty angry at me for laughing, but she tends to be a bit dramatic most times. Ha! Besides, it wasn't personal. I just laugh when people fall. Don't judge me, you do the same. I know it. So, Batman started with an incredibly high fever this weekend. We thought that we had beat it, and he was doing well, but then it (the fever) had the nerve to return! UGH! So he has pretty much been miserable for the past 4 days. Not sure what he has exactly, he did barf this morning, but just once. Other then that, nothing. Just a fever. I asked him if his ears hurt, and he responded "yesh mommy. I had dis ears, and I's have dis ears. I has two of dem, wif no earwings. they's for girlws." So I am still not sure of the answer to the question, but I do know he has two ears, without earrings. So that's a plus. He's just so stinking cute...almost more so when he is sick because he is so cuddley. Is that sick of me to say? I mean I do feel sorry for him, he's just...sweeter, when he's not feeling well. He looked up at me yesterday and said "Mommy, you da tutest!" (cutest) *melt my heart* So...we are holding strong with the herbs and he will pull through soon I am confident. He has only been to the doctor once in his entire life, and it was NOT pretty. Trust me. He needs sedated and in a straight jacket as soon as we walk through the door. I'm sure the experience would give me something very interesting to blog about, but I may not live to tell about it. It's that bad. So, as every mom knows when you have a sick kid, you get absolutely NO.SLEEP. It's rough, and you can tell by looking at me. I've been praying all day for no pop in visitors, because they would run the other way. My house looks like a F5 tornado ripped through it...and I look like I was sucked up and spit out as well. I'm almost positive it's a sin for my husband to come home from work seeing me like this, but what's our relationship come to if he can't love me with crazy hair, nasty, unmatched pj's, circles under my eyes, and let's not forget the breath, and armpits that would offend the hippiest of hippies. (no offense hippies!! I just know you can smell a little because my brother smells a little.) Thank heavens for the wonderful friends that I have. My bestest has offered to bring dinner over for us tonight. I love her, and she is probably the only one that I would allow to see me in this state. Besides, my sister...but she's in flippin' Texas. Here's to hoping things perk up around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment