Monday, April 2, 2012

The play date that I finally remembered...

Well, it has been a loooong time since I have posted anything. Maybe i'm not going to be the amazing "blogger" I pictured myself being? I guess I will start with one day last week. Even though I haven't been to faithful to get on here and type write I do keep an archive in my head of what I want to blog about, so that's good, right? Well last week we finally made it to the play date that I had to reschedule 3 times! Yep, 3 times. I wish I could give you a really good story as to why I had to reschedule 3 times, but the bottom line is...I just forgot. No "mom of the year" award here, that's for sure. My kiddos were devastated every time they asked when we were going to play with their friends and I had to announce that I forgot, again. For some reason they would always ask when we were going right before bed?? I mean come on. Had they asked me in the morning, I may have actually remembered. Anyway. We made it last week, and we all had a GREAT time! Our friends live on a farm so the kids were able to run free, check out all the animals, and even climb onto the barn roof and run around. (How fun!!!) Heart attack anyone? The conversations were wonderful between my friend and I. I need days like that one. You might not be able to tell since I forget them so frequently, but, they are so good for the soul. Nothing like sitting down chatting about birth, herbs, faith, and kids with another momma. We managed to eat a scrumptious lunch that she made and talk in peace. I was eating with Piper hanging on to my boob for dear life, and the kids had pretty much filthied the table while they were eating their lunch..but, still it was quiet! :) This friend of mine has 9 kids, (and they are all delightful human beings!) so there is always something to do, and someone to play with. Here are a few pictures from our day:

M Girl on the tire swing
 Batman and His friend jumping away
 and again...
 M Girl watching the farmer feed the cows
Friends.
 This is what Batman did when I said the dreaded words "it's time to go home!" 
Btw. M boy will now be referred to as "Batman" that's what he prefers we call him around here, so it's only fitting. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment